Respecting your privacy
At Tales Of India (Tales of India Pty Ltd – ABN 84 612 790 253) we respect your privacy information and take care to ensure your personal details are kept confidential. We take privacy laws seriously and have strict company policy to ensure your personal information is kept safe. By personal information we mean information that identifies you as an individual or through which you can be easily identified.
- The type of personal information we collect, store, use and disclose
- How we collect and hold it
- The reason we collect, store, use and disclose it
- Your right to access and update/amend your details
- Where you can reach us to talk about your personal information
Who we are
Tales Of India is an online grocery delivery company that was establised in 2019. We are a child company of Tales of India Pty Ltd (ABN 84 612 790 253) which was established in 2016.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The types of personal information we collect and store are:
- Contact details (email address, contact number, residential address & delivery address)
- Date of birth
- Details/history of purchases, preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity on our digital platform.
Due to the nature of our business, we not be able to provide you with our products and services without accessing your Personal Information. For example, we may not be able to deliver the goods you’ve ordered from our site if we are not aware of your delivery address or we may not be able to help you refund an item you’ve purchased from us if you’ve lost the proof of purchase and we do not keep a history of your transaction.
How we collect and use your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information in relation to your interactions and transactions with us, which will include when you:
We may collect your Personal Information when you place an order with us, use any of our services or interact with us. This will include when you:
- Make a purchase on our site or in store
- Process a transaction including making a non-cash payment or indulging in any of the services we offer
- Sign up for any of our promotional campaigns or loyalty programmes
- Be part of any of our special offers, competitions or survey
- Require customer service or contact us
- Submit a feedback to us on any of our digital platforms, in person, over the phone or in writing
- Use our website, social media and other digital services.
We may supervise, monitor or record you communications with us when you speak to us in person, over the phone or in writing. This is for security, dispute resolution and customer service training purposes.
We may also collect Personal Information you’ve provided us through a third party service such us Facebook, Instagram and other digital platforms.
We may store Personal Information in both electronic and hard copy format with our own premised and with assistance of third party service providers. We have implement strict policies on our people, process and technological controls to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure. We also take measures to destroy or de-identify Personal information that is no longer needed for lawful purposes.
Our security processes are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that we’re keeping your Personal Information as secure as possible.
Reasons for handling your Personal Information
We handle your Personal Information in connection with providing, administering, improving, and personalising our products and services, and to support our business functions. This can include:
- To manage your requests for products and services, including delivery, processing payments, providing refunds and discounts;
- To register and service your account, including keeping your information up-to-date, and verifying your identity;
- To communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions (including direct marketing);
- To help us improve our products and services, including conducting product and market research;
- To improve our operational processes to enhance your customer experience;
- To respond to your feedback, queries, or concerns;
- Working with our service providers;
- Investigative, fraud, and loss prevention activities;
- Interacting with Regulators and relevant government entities;
- And as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Using Personal Information, we endeavour to improve our understanding of your interests, suitability, and behaviour in relation to products, services, and offers, including conducting risk assessments for financial products (including credit and insurance).
We may also handle your Personal Information to protect our lawful interests and facilitate purchases and potential purchases of our businesses.
We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), our digital services, and other means unless you opt out by calling our Customer Care on 03 8382 2900. These communications may relate to the products and services we provide, and other products which may be of interest to you.
By using your Personal Information, we strive to understand your interests, preferences and suitability in relation to the products and services we offer. This helps us tailor our products and services to your needs.
We may also handle your Personal Information to protect our lawful interests and facilitate purchases of our business.
We may reach out to you for marketing communications purposes through phone, sms, email, social media and other digital platforms unless you’ve opted out by either contacting us on +61 383822900 or by emailing us on email@example.com. Our marketing communications and campaigns may relate to the products and services we offer.
Sharing your Personal Information
We work with a number of service providers and software companies to assist us with reaching out to you. These include:
- Software companies such us online servers and hosts, marketing email and sms platforms, social media platforms.
- Sharing your Personal Information with internal staff members for market research purposes
- Business advisory services such as banks, accountants, lawyers and other professionals to a reasonable extent when required for lawful purposes.
When disclosing your Personal Information to any of our third party clients, we take measures to ensure that they are committed to the safety of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian standards including that they only use Personal Information for the purpose for which it is revealed.
Accessing and editing your Personal Information
Should you wish to update, edit, correct or get access to your Personal Information on file with us, please get in touch with us on the details specified below. Our team will help you out.
We may ask you questions to confirm your identity before giving you access to particular Personal Information. This is to ensure that your Personal Information is protected, secure and is not revealed to an unauthorised person. As part of the Australian Privacy Act and other related laws, we are required to provide you with a written response stating the reasons if we reject your request.
Feedback, complaints & concerns
If you have any complaints or concerns about this Policy, or our handling of your Personal Information, you can contact us as set out below.
Once a complaint has been lodged, we will let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a full response within 15 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know and we will investigate further and respond to you.
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are set out below.
Getting in touch | Contacting us
All matters related to privacy should be attention to Tales Of India Privacy Office
Contact Number: +61 (03) 8382 2900
Post: Factory 4A, 51-53 Westwood Drive, Ravenhall, Vic, 3023
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Contact Number: 1300 363 992
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001